Bed Bug Control in Los Angeles
Quick & Easy Bed Bug Elimination for Your Home
Are you waking up covered in itchy, red welts you can’t explain? If you are, bed bugs likely are to blame. Bed bugs are tiny insects that live in soft furnishings, like mattresses and sofas. They choose these locations to remain hidden and have easy access to a warmblood meal.
While bed bugs aren’t inherently dangerous, they are annoying and unwanted. Bed bugs are tricky pests to eliminate on your own. Fortunately, our team of pest control professionals at A Step Above Pest Control & Termite has the skill and tools to get rid of bed bugs in your Los Angeles home in just one day!
Contact A Step Above Pest Control & Termite today to book your service.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are insects that maintain a close relationship with people, and you may find them anywhere humans spend time or sleep. Blood is the sole source of nutrition for bed bugs, and people are their preferred food source. These blood-feeding insects live in large populations throughout Southern California, and because they live indoors, they actively feed and breed year-round.
It is essential to know what they look like to identify a bed bug infestation in your home. These wingless insects have reddish-brown, flat, oval bodies, short antennae, and six legs. After feeding, their body elongates, swells, and turns a deep red color.
Are Bed Bugs Dangerous?
Bed bugs are not necessarily dangerous, but they are quite problematic to have in our homes.
Some of the biggest reasons these pests are unwelcome in our homes include:
- Their presence and the knowledge that they feed on our blood causes a lack of sound sleep.
- They are prolific breeders, and just a few finding their way into your home unnoticed can lead to a large-scale infestation.
- The streaks of excrement and drops of blood that they leave behind stain walls, bedding, mattresses, and upholstery.
- Those allergic to the bed bug's saliva will experience a red itchy rash at the bite sites.
- Excessive scratching at bite sites can lead to a secondary infection.
Why Do I Have a Bed Bug Problem?
Los Angeles is a huge metropolitan area that's home to millions of people and where many other people visit each day. Since bed bugs travel with people and on our belongings, California experiences major problems with hitchhiking bed bugs. Bed bugs are most likely to be introduced into our homes on people or the things we bring inside, especially secondhand items like mattresses, furniture, and electronics.
Where Do Bed Bugs Usually Live?
Bed bugs live successfully in various places, including family homes, apartment buildings, hotels, schools, airports, resorts, laundry mats, and anywhere else people spend time. After finding their way into your home, nocturnal bed bugs hide during the day in places that both conceal them and put them near sleeping people.
Below are some of the most common areas to discover bed bugs in our homes:
- The seams of mattresses and box spring
- Inside electrical outlets
- Under rugs
- Behind baseboards
- Within upholstered furniture or wooden furniture
- Under clutter
How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs in the Future?
Avoid experiencing a large-scale bed bug infestation in your Los Angeles area home with the following prevention tips:
- When traveling or spending time in public places, always know that bed bugs could be present in the back of your mind. Keep your belongings up off the ground and away from other people's things.
- Since bed bugs often hitchhike on mattresses, box springs, and upholstered furniture, avoid purchasing these items secondhand for use in your home.
- Clutter doesn't attract bed bugs, but it will hide them. Get rid of as much clutter from your home as possible. Doing so will help you identify an infestation sooner rather than later.
- Place bed bug-proof covers on mattresses and box springs in your home.
- Regularly vacuum your floors and upholstered furniture.
Walking You Through Our Bed Bug Control Process
Eliminating bed bugs is challenging, and pest control professionals handle it best. Our expert technicians are licensed and certified bed bug specialists in Los Angeles.
Using proven Integrated Pest Management techniques, we will get rid of the bed bugs in as little as one day:
- Inspection: Before all treatments, your assigned technician will complete a thorough inspection of your home to look for signs of bed bugs and other active pests.
- Prep-less Prep: Many pest control companies provide their clients with a long to-do list to get ready for bed bug treatments; we don’t! We believe your time is valuable and have simplified the preparation process by eliminating it. We will take care of the entire bed bug removal process, tackling bed bugs in their habitat where they are easier to eliminate!
- Treatment Options: We know that no two houses, infestations, or clients are the same; for that reason, we offer several bed bug treatment options to fit your needs.
- Heat Treatments - Most effective, eliminates bed bugs in just one day, safe for children and pets
- Green Treatments - Eco-friendly bed bug removal using CimeXa and Alpine dust treatments
- Chemical Treatments - Budget-friendly bed bug treatment, best suited for small infestations
- Fumigation: We take pride in providing so many bed bug treatment options to keep you and your family protected. We also offer mattress and box spring encasements upon request. All our bed bug treatment options include the best bed bug warranty in the industry. Services are covered from 30 days to one year, depending on which treatment option you select.
Eliminate Bed Bugs from Your Los Angeles Home in Just One Day
At A Step Above Pest Control & Termite we have been serving our neighbors in Los Angeles since 1996. We have made it our mission to provide you with the best home pest control and commercial pest control solutions available using proven Integrated Pest Management techniques which allow us to tailor our services to meet your unique needs. The name says it all; we are here to serve you.