Rodent Control in Los Angeles
Professional Rodent Exclusion for Your Property
Rodents, like mice and rats, are common household pests. Many homeowners try to combat rodent infestations with typical DIY methods that are costly, unsanitary, and ineffective. Save yourself time and money, and partner with us at A Step Above Pest Control & Termite. Our pest control professionals have the high level of training necessary to remove rodent infestations and keep these critters from coming back.
Are Rodents Dangerous?
Rodents are dangerous and put both people and our homes at risk. After using their front incisors to gnaw through wires, they can trigger electrical fires or shorts. Their gnawing habits will also cause damage to walls, furniture, flooring, boxes, clothing, and other structural elements or personal items within our homes.
The spread of diseases, bacteria, and parasites is another huge concern and why rodents are so unwelcome living near people. Hantavirus, leptospirosis, salmonellosis, and rat-bite fever are examples of illnesses spread by rodents that can make people ill.
When rodents are in our homes moving across its surfaces and foraging for food, they will contaminate both with their shed fur, urine, and excrement. Their shed fur and excrement can also trigger allergies and asthma attacks.
Why Do I Have a Rodent Problem?
Rodents often become a problem for homeowners after seeking shelter inside our homes, garages, and other outbuildings. They also move to our yards or into our homes after being attracted by food odors.
Preventing rodent problems is difficult because yards and homes provide them with the food, water, and shelter they want.
Some of the most common things that attract rodents to our properties are:
- Open containers of trash or compost
- Gardens and fruit trees
- Pet food and bird feeders
- Leaky outdoor fixtures or areas that allow standing water to pool
- Overgrown landscaping plants, woodpiles, or rock piles
Rodents live in different areas depending on their species. Roof rats and house mice are excellent climbers and live or nest at both ground level and up off the ground. Roof rats were named because their most common entry point is along the roofline of buildings, and they prefer to live in the upper parts of buildings.
Norway rats are the opposite; they are poor climbers and have dense, heavy bodies. These rodents prefer to nest and enter structures at ground level.
Inside homes and other structures, rodents typically invade areas that are dark and quiet near food sources.
Places in your home that are most susceptible to being invaded by rodents include:
- Wall voids and crawl spaces
- The backs of large appliances
- Above or behind cabinets
- Within storage boxes or clutter that builds up in storage areas
How Do I Get Rid of Rodents?
Protecting your home against rodents is best done by partnering with local professionals who provide regular residential and commercial pest control. At A Step Above Pest Control & Termite, we offer thorough inspections, accurate identification, and various rodent treatment options to solve your property’s unique problem and help you ensure these critters don’t find their way back inside.
How Can I Prevent Rodents in the Future?
Keep rodents out of your Los Angeles area home with the following prevention tips:
- Seal holes around your house to make it more difficult for rodents to move in.
- Avoid providing rodents with easy access to water by repairing leaky hoses and dripping pipes and air conditioners.
- Limit their easy access to food by always keeping lids on trash cans and placing all trash bags into hard-sided trash cans.
- Before bringing boxes or other items into your home that were stored outside, always inspect them for rodents.
- Place steel wool in gaps around wires and pipes leading into your home.
- Reduce the clutter in your home and outside in your yard.
- Maintain a clean kitchen and regularly vacuum and wipe down surfaces to remove food debris and make your home less inviting to rodents.
Effective Treatment Options to Stay Ahead of Rodents
At A Step Above Pest Control & Termite, our knowledge of rodent behavior and extensive experience in the field makes our team the best in the business.
Our licensed service technician will use the following pest management techniques to eliminate all traces of rodent activity from your property:
- Inspection: Your service technician will begin by conducting a thorough examination of your property, looking for signs of rodent activity and entry points. We will inspect the exterior and interior of your home, including attics and crawl spaces.
- Treatment: We will use the information we gather during the inspection to create a custom treatment plan for your rodent problem. Your treatment plan will include the following techniques to eliminate rodents from your home and keep them from coming back:
- Rodent proofing/exclusion: We will make small repairs to correct damage and seal entry points; these repairs include a minimum one-year warranty.
- Rodent bait stations: We will strategically place rodent bait stations on the exterior of your property where we detect rodent activity. We will try to keep them out of high-traffic areas if possible. We will periodically check these stations for signs of continued rodent activity.
- Control trapping: Using our vast knowledge of rodent behavior, we will tactically set traps in your house in areas with rodent activity. We will return periodically to check these traps and remove them after eliminating the rodents from your home.
- Rodent sanitation services: Rodent excrement and carcasses are hazardous to your health. With our professional sanitation services, we come in and clean up rodent droppings and sanitize after eliminating an infestation. We will also remove and install insulation ruined by rodents.
Eliminate Rodents from Your Los Angeles Home with A Step Above Rodent Control & Termite
Rodents threaten your home and your health. Get started with our comprehensive rodent control services to restore safety to your property ASAP! We have been in business since 1996, helping families just like yours to stay a step ahead of pests in Los Angeles. We have the best team of pest control professionals in the business and a passion for delivering superior pest control solutions to our clients.