If you're like most people, the mention of roaches probably makes your skin crawl. These pests can be found all over the world, and they seem to thrive in warm climates like Los Angeles. While they may look relatively harmless, cockroaches can cause a lot of issues if they invade your home. A Step Above Pest Control & Termite will answer some common questions about these insects, including cockroach identification, whether they can fly, and how pest control in Los Angeles can help you get rid of them for good.
Can All Cockroaches Fly Around?
The simple answer to this question is no, not all cockroaches can fly. In fact, most species of cockroach are unable to fly at all. However, there are a few types of cockroaches that have wings and are able to fly short distances. If you see a roach with wings, it's likely a member of the Blattidae family, which includes common pests like the German cockroach.
What Is The Difference Between An American And German Cockroach?
Several types of cockroaches can be found here in Los Angeles, but the two most common species are the American cockroach and the German cockroach. While they share some similarities, there are also some key differences between these two types of roaches:
- American cockroaches are larger in size, typically measuring about 1 1/2 inches long. German cockroaches, on the other hand, are smaller, usually only growing to be about 1/2 inch in length.
- As their name suggests, American cockroaches are native to the Americas, while German cockroaches are thought to have originated in Europe.
- American cockroaches are typically brown or reddish-brown in color, while German cockroaches are usually a light brown or tan.
Both American and German cockroaches are capable of reproducing quickly, and they can both be very difficult to get rid of once they've invaded your home. Be on the lookout for signs of a cockroach infestation, such as droppings or egg casings, and call a professional cockroach pest control company like A Step Above Pest Control & Termite if you suspect you have an issue.
Cockroaches Vs. Beetles: Are There Differences?
Most people lump cockroaches and beetles together as gross, unwanted pests. But did you know that there are some key differences between these two insects?
Here's a quick rundown:
- Cockroaches are typically darker in color, while beetles can be a variety of colors (including light brown or tan).
- Cockroaches have long, slender antennae, while beetle antennae are shorter and thicker.
- Cockroaches typically have a flattened body shape, while beetles' bodies are more round.
- Beetles can fly, but most cockroaches cannot (although they can glide short distances).
Either of these pests can become a problem in your home, so it's important to be on the lookout for signs of an infestation. If you're seeing cockroaches or beetles around your Los Angeles home, it's time to call the pros at A Step Above Pest Control & Termite. We'll work quickly to get rid of the problem so you can rest easy.
Professional Cockroach Control To Get Rid Of Roaches In Your Home
Trying to tackle a cockroach problem on your own can be difficult and dangerous. Store-bought-cockroach control products may be ineffective, and using the wrong product can put your family at risk. If you think you have cockroaches, the best thing to do is call the professionals at A Step Above Pest Control & Termite. We will be able to identify the problem and come up with a plan to get rid of them for good.
With more than 25 years of experience, we understand how these pests operate, and we know how to get rid of cockroaches in Los Angeles for good. Contact us today for a no-obligation quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Los Angeles. We'll be happy to answer any questions and get you started on a plan.