If you've been noticing an increase in the number of birds roosting and nesting on or around your Los Angeles property, it's time to take action. Birds can be beautiful to look at and listen to, but they can also cause a lot of damage if they nest and live in or near your home or business.
To keep pest birds away from your property, you'll need to consult professional Los Angeles pest control agents. They'll help you identify the source of the problem and recommend the best bird control solutions for your needs.
How To Tell If You Have A Pigeon Problem
A few telltale signs may indicate that you have a pigeon problem requiring pest control bird removal. These include:
- Seeing A Large Number Of Pigeons: One of the easiest ways to tell if you have a pigeon problem is by looking at the number of pigeons hanging around your property. If there are more than a few, they're likely nesting and living on or near your property.
- Finding Droppings: Pigeon droppings can indicate that you have a pigeon problem. They'll often be located near entrances and exits where the birds are coming and going, as well as on rooftops or other elevated surfaces where the pigeons like to roost.
- Hearing Cooing: If you hear constant cooing coming from your property, it may mean that there are pigeons nesting nearby.
- Seeing Nests: Pigeons will often build their nests out of sticks, twigs, and other materials they can find. If you see a nest on or near your property, pigeons are likely nesting there.
If you notice any of these signs, it's best to consult with bird pest control experts near you. They'll investigate the situation and recommend the best bird control methods to eliminate the pigeons.
Why Pest Birds Roosting On Your Property Can Be Dangerous
There are multiple reasons why pest birds roosting on your property can be dangerous. Hence, you may require bird control services. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Pigeons are known to be destructive pests. They can damage roofs, siding, and other parts of your property with their droppings and nesting materials.
- Pigeons are carriers of numerous diseases, including histoplasmosis, encephalitis, salmonella, and more. If you or your family contract these diseases, they can cause serious health problems.
- Pigeons can be a nuisance and create a mess with their droppings, feathers, and nesting materials. This can be unsightly and potentially dangerous if the droppings contaminate food or water sources.
For these reasons, it's essential to consult with professional Los Angeles bird pest control experts near you if you have a pigeon problem. They'll help you with pest control bird removal and protect your property and health.
Why DIY Pigeon Control Can Be Such A Hassle
When you browse the internet, you'll be amazed by the volume of videos on bird control methods. Sadly, most of these DIY methods are ineffective. Trying to get rid of pigeons using DIY alternatives can be a hassle and often result in more problems. Pigeons are stubborn and resilient birds, and they can be tough to get rid of using DIY methods.
In addition to being ineffective and time-consuming, many of these bird control methods can also be unsafe for you and your family. For example, using harsh chemicals or loud noises to scare the pigeons can result in serious injuries or death. Thus, look for a professional dealing with bird pest control near you for help.
Contact The Pros To Solve Your Pigeon Problems Today
For quick and effective bird pest control near you, it's best to contact professionals. At A Step Above Pest Control & Termite, we have the experience and knowledge to solve your pigeon problems quickly and safely. Don't cut corners, and with a DIY option- you'll only be wasting your time and risking the health of you and your family. Contact us for a lasting bird control service.