If you've ever been kept up at night by the incessant crickets chirping, you know just how maddening it can be. What's even worse is when you can't find the source of the noise and can't get any peace and quiet.
If these critters have invaded your Los Angeles property, you may require the services of a Los Angeles pest control contractor. They are best suited to handle cricket infestation and will get rid of crickets quickly and efficiently.
Why Are The Crickets So Loud?
Crickets are most active at night, and their chirping can be pretty loud. This is because they use noise to communicate with each other. The males use the sound to attract mates and the females to find food. However, some species are louder than others. These include:
- Brown Crickets: These are the noisiest and can be heard from up to a quarter of a mile away. They have a deep, raspy song that can be quite annoying.
- Sand Cricket: Like the brown crickets, these critters are very loud and can be heard from a distance. You can identify them by their high-pitched song.
- House Cricket: This is the most common type of cricket and isn't as loud as the other two species. However, if you have a lot of them in your house, the noise can still be quite irritating.
- Camel Cricket: The camel cricket is not as loud as the sand cricket, but it can still be maddening. It has a chirping noise that's slightly lower pitched than the sand cricket.
- Mole Cricket: Don't be fooled by the name – this cricket is just as loud as the others. It has a high-pitched song that can be heard from a distance.
As soon as you hear crickets chirping, the best thing to do is call a pest control contractor. They'll identify the cricket species and develop a plan to eliminate them. It can be challenging to get rid of crickets, so hiring a professional who knows what they're doing is crucial.
How Do Crickets Get Inside Homes?
Crickets can get into your home in a variety of ways. These include:
- Flying in through an open window or door
- Coming in through cracks and crevices around the home
- Hiding in boxes, bags, and other items that have been brought inside
- Entering your home through the plumbing system
Cricket eggs can also be carried into your home on clothing, shoes, and other items. Dealing with a cricket infestation can be challenging. Hence, if you've been experiencing crickets chirping, it's important to determine how they're getting into your home. Call a pest control contractor to help you identify the source and develop a plan to eliminate them.
Five Cricket Prevention Tips
Here are a few tips to help prevent crickets from getting into your home in the first place:
- Seal up any cracks and crevices around your home
- Keep windows and doors closed when possible
- Remove any boxes, bags, or other items that have been brought inside
- Check your plumbing system for leaks
- Clean up any spilled food or water
If you follow these prevention tips, you'll be less likely to experience a cricket infestation. However, if you encounter crickets, it's best to call a professional pest control contractor right away. They'll be able to get rid of crickets quickly and efficiently.
The Best Way To Prevent Cricket Infestations
Despite the numerous DIY videos on how to deal with crickets, the truth of the matter is that cricket infestations can only be adequately managed by a professional pest control contractor.
At A Step Above Pest Control & Termite, we have the experience and knowledge to deal with cricket invasions. We're experts in cricket removal and will be able to get your home back to normal in no time. Contact us today for a free consultation!