Effective bed bug control in Los Angeles depends on understanding how to check for bed bugs and implementing professional bed bug control techniques. Los Angeles pest control is standing by with professionals that will assist you in learning how to get rid of bed bugs for good.
Easy-To-Spot Signs Of Bed Bugs
A bed bug infestation often comes with several signs tell-tale signs that this pest has moved in. Review these signs to learn how to check for bed bugs and catch an infestation of this pest before it gets out of control.
- You may see bed bug bodies (tiny and dark-colored) on beds, along furniture seams, or in the cracks of walls.
- Red, itchy bites are likely to appear on the exposed limbs of anyone sleeping in your home as the bed bugs feed.
- An unpleasant odor may accompany certain areas of your home, especially sleeping quarters where bed bugs are more likely to be.
- Reddish staining can appear on beds, sheets, furniture, carpets, or walls due to bed bugs feeding on humans and leaving behind droppings.
It would help if you also remembered that encountering these bed bug signs means you need to reach out to local pest control for bed bugs as soon as possible for effective bed bug control techniques.
The Problem With Bed Bug Bites
Even though bed bug bites are not particularly dangerous (meaning they won’t transfer diseases or venom to humans), they can leave behind itchy, swollen areas. This can be uncomfortable and may even lead to a risk of secondary infection due to constant itching of the site.
Additionally, bed bug bites often inspire anxiety in individuals. You may find that yourself or those in your home are losing sleep and becoming more stressed due to many bed bug bites.
Five Naturally Effective Bed Bug Prevention Tips
To keep bed bugs out of your home, follow the below prevention tips:
- When traveling, always elevate your luggage or use a luggage rack in hotels. Also, consider vacuum-sealing your clothes as you travel to keep bed bugs out.
- When returning from a trip, always wash your clothes in hot water to kill any undetected hitchhiking bed bugs.
- Prevent bed bugs from coming home with you by checking any accommodation area or the room you are in for signs of bed bugs. Use a flashlight and gloved hands; immediately leave the area if you see bed bug bodies or staining.
- When purchasing second-hand items, leave them outside of a sheet overnight. If bed bug bodies or staining appear, don’t use the item.
- You should also check second-hand items with a flashlight and gloved hands for hidden bed bugs before moving the item into your home.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
If you want to know how to get rid of bed bugs, you should contact pest control to kill bed bugs at the first sign of this insect. Our professionals at A Step Above Pest Control & Termite will be able to provide you with effective, customized bed bug control tactics that work to eliminate every trace of this pest in your home. With the help of our experts, your home will be free of bed bugs, and you can live without fear of this pest re-invading.