A Handy Spider Prevention Guide For Los Angeles Homeowners
June 13, 2022 - Spiders
Spiders invading your home can be frightening and leave you with a creepy-crawling feeling that you’d rather avoid. To help you get rid of local spiders that may be invading your home, reach out to Los Angeles pest control at the first sign of these eight-legged pests.
Common Species Of Spiders That Invade Los Angeles Homes
There are several common types of spiders that you may encounter around your Los Angeles home. It is vital to be familiar with these different species. Proper spider identification will help you and the experts from A Step Above Pest Control put tailored spider treatment solutions into place.
- Black widow spiders
- Cellar spiders
- Brown widow spiders
- Orb weavers
- Wolf spiders
- Garden spiders
And remember, A Step Above Pest Control can also help you identify the specific type of spider invading your home if you are having trouble narrowing it down.
What It Means If You're Seeing Spiders In Your Home
If you see spiders in your home, then it means that factors are drawing this pest inside. All spiders are attracted to easy access to food, water, and shelter. If you have leaks around your house, an ongoing pest problem that spiders want to prey on, or a generally cluttered home, spiders are going to be much more likely to move inside.
Additionally, visually seeing signs of spiders in your home could indicate that a more extensive infestation is taking place within your home. Seeing one or two spiders now and again may not be a problem, but witnessing an increasing number of spiders walking around indicates that there is a problem hidden somewhere in your home.
Environmentally-Friendly And Effective Spider Prevention Tips
To get rid of spiders naturally and deter this pest from invading your home in the first place, you can follow the below effective spider prevention tactics:
- Address moisture issues around your home, such as leaks and clogged gutters. These can lead to excess water pools that may attract spiders, and the pests spiders love to hunt. Also, ensure your yard has proper drainage and your home has adequate ventilation.
- Remove debris from your yard like fallen branches and keep the grass trimmed low. Store firewood away from the home to make the areas less spider-friendly.
- Seal up spider entry points around your home, such as the cracks in windows, doors, and foundation. This can help keep spiders and their pest prey out.
- Make sure to consult professionals about any pest prey problem you are experiencing. The experts at A Step Above Pest Control can help eliminate the primary source of food that spiders are chasing into your home.
- Declutter your home often and sweep away spider webs when you see them. This shows spiders that your home is not a great place to settle.
How Professional Pest Control Is The Best Spider Control
The best way to get rid of spiders invading your home is to contact the professionals at A Step Above Pest Control. Only the experts will identify your exact spider problem areas and work with you to customize treatment solutions for your home. With the help of A Step Above Pest Control, you can have any spider problem taken care of, no matter the size or the severity. You will benefit from a reduction in any pest prey invasion that you are also experiencing, allowing you to reclaim your home from pests.